Hardware Hacking Projects for Geeks
|Hardware Hacking Projects|
By Scott Fullam
This hugely fun book contains 15 weekend projects for the geek in all of us. If you are not afraid of tinkering with hardware, and know the hot end of a soldering iron from the handle, then this book is for you.
The projects are split into Basic and Advanced hacks, and includes projects to build
Beginning with basic hacks, tools, and techniques for those who may not have a background in electronics, the book covers the tools of the hardware hacking trade and basic soldering techniques. Clear step-by-step instructions allow even those with no formal electronics- or hardware-engineering skills to hack real hardware in very clever ways
- a cubicle intrusion detection system,
- a car-mounted video camera for seeing around SUVs,
- a digital video recorder,
- an arcade game,
- making radio-controlled cars play laser tag,
- hacking an 802.11b antenna
- and an Internet-enabled toaster that imprints the weather forecast on toast.